Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TAYLOR FAMILY REUNION IN IDAHO

What a fun weekend I had going to Idaho with my Mom, two of my sisters Denise and Marcene, one of my brothers Bryan, my Mom's two sisters Aunt Jean and Aunt Nancy, and my cousin Beth and her two daughters Breanna and McKell. The reunion was in Grant, Idaho. We had a great time visiting. My second cousin Susan is married to Elder Bednar, so we had the priveledge of meeting him for the first time (we took a picture, but as you can see, he is partially hidden behind his wife). We went to the homestead of my great-grandparents (Joseph Lake Taylor and Nancy Elizabeth McIntyre Taylor) where the owners of the house told us they hear "Taylor" ghosts talking and have moved chairs & stuff...they say they enjoy hearing them (that was kind of bizarre & creepy). We also visited the cemetary where my great-grandparents were buried. We went to see my Grandpa Dorothy's (Taylor McAlister Watson) house in Rexburg. That was a disappointment. It used to be beautiful with green lawns and a rose garden...but it's really run down now (it has college students staying there). Rexburg is a really pretty town. We were again disappointed that we couldn't find Grandma Dorothy's gravesite, we searched for the longest time. Other than that, it was a perfect trip. We also went to see the Rexburg Temple, as well as the Idaho Falls Temple, where my parents were married. We had a pajama party having lots of laughs trying to get some pictures, stayed up late talking, and saw an elk farm (I didn't know such a thing existed). What a blast we had! I feel very lucky that I was able to take this trip with some of my family...those of you who didn't make it were really missed!!