Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A MUCH NEEDED ROAD-TRIP TO UTAH!!

~JACOB LAKE~

Camping & riding quads are two of our most favorite activities to do together...this was where we camped for the first 2 nights, it was so gorgeous and so much fun!

We love to go exploring on the quads...we came across this very old cabin where the fireplace was still standing, it was so awesome~


This is actually "The" Jacob Lake (it's so small you can hardly see it)-this area was named after my Great-Great-Grandpa Jacob Hamblin~



This is a picture of Jacob Hamblin hanging in the office at Jacob Lake Inn~

We stayed one night in this cute little cabin at Jacob Lake Inn




Idle Time~Enjoying Utah's Gorgeous Outdoors



Raegan working at the Flower Patch-she is so talented!

Visiting Ee Chien (Chin Joo's son-she was my roomate at ASU)~

Here we are in the beautiful mountains above Heber Valley behind Daniels Summit Lodge. Jim, Joey, Raegan, Shanni, Clara, and I riding the Quads & this Razor...oh my gosh, we had such a blast!!











We loved these gorgeous field of flowers~


Joey & Raegan being silly~







Sweet-Sisters~

Best-Friends~




This is where we found Shanni & Clara after Joey, Raegan, Jim and I went for a ride...it started to rain & they put our belongings & themselves under the deck of the lodge...they were just too cute!

~"THIS IS THE PLACE" at HERITAGE PARK~



B.F. Johnson Saddlery-Benjamin Franklin Johnson was Jim's Great-Great-Great-Grandpa


Goofs~






It just so happened that the books on CD's that we borrowed from Jim's parents & listened to while driving were stories about our ancestors...Benjamin F. Johnson's family and Jacob Hamblin. I often think about all the difficulties they endured and what they did for us & how grateful I am for them. I can't imagine not having the gosepl in my life!

When I was in the quiet outdoors I had time to think & reflect of all the many other blessings I have in my life & what is truly important! Just to name a few...my diverse family, all who have something unique they bring to the mix. My patient & loving husband, my incredibly amazing kids & their awesome spouses, and my sweet grandbabies that make me laugh. And my very supportive and helpful co-workers. All of these people have loved me unconditionally and have helped me get through some really rough times these past few months! I AM SO VERY BLESSED!!