Sunday, January 8, 2012

WORK HARD-PLAY HARD, THAT IS JUST WHAT WE DO!

This quad ride began in the desert near Boyce Arboretum (elevation 2400)

We rode on long, narrow & rugged switchbacks up to Montana Mountain (elevation 5400). I have to admit, at times I was a little scared!

It was so worth it though...this is magnificent Montana Mountain


Jim and some of the boys have hunted this area before so Jim wanted to show me a few favorite stops along the way. This is an old stone house by an abandon mine shaft.


I love this picture, the reflection of the saguaro is so amazing!!

This was old horse corral that had this windmill on it. It was fun to watch the water get pumped up from the ground. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of the corral!

At the end of a great riding day!




Gorgeous desert sunset

We started this quad ride near the Pinto Creek mine (elevation 2800) outside of Superior. It wasn't very appealing at first.

We enjoyed our ride through Pinto Creek Canyon (elevation 5500). It was crazy how much it changed in the canyon, it was so pretty!


It is so fun to explore new places. Jim and some of the boys have hunted this area as well, but it was a first for me. We made a stop at this old farmhouse-barn.

This was an old bridge we had a picnic at and crossed over several times. This is also where we had a couple things go wrong!

First mishap: Jim was setting up the tri-pod/camera under the bridge where there were a lot of dead trees and rocks. He set the timer on the camera and as he was running back he tripped on a tree stump and went tumbling onto the rocks. We were lucky he didn't beak anything but he was really scraped up on his arm and leg. I felt so bad for him. After a few minutes we were both laughing & laughed even more when we saw this picture the camera took after the tumble.



Second mishap: I accidently dropped the flash to my camera off this bridge (about 20 feet down). Jacob bought me this flash, I was sick! It was cracked & in pieces. Unbelievably, it seems to be working but we will need to send it into Canon, along with my camera for repairs. My camera lens (or LEN, as Jamie would say) is scratched from all the abuse I give it!!

This is Jim's sad face after climing down to get the flash (and it's parts) under the bridge.

The beautiful moon at the end of our day!