Wednesday, April 11, 2012

EASTER SUNDAY





















A special childhood memory of Easter is each year at our home in Scottsdale my Dad would heat the pool in order for it to be ready for the first swim of the year...Easter Sunday. Yes, we did swim on Sunday's!! My grandparents would be there from Rexburg & St. Johns along with my Scottsdale cousins the Kauffman-Sanders family. Some years we would have other family visit for Easter...the Foster, Haldeman & Hamblin cousins from California & 2nd cousins, the Taylors from Mesa. I love remembering the fun times, that seem like yesterday, that we had with our own kids, as well. The new Easter clothes, coloring easter eggs & the excitement that the easter bunny came to our house! This year for Easter Jim was on duty so I went to church with Jamie & her family. Just as Jim did for Brody & Tre's birthday party's this year, he was able to take a few hours off so he could join us for lunch & an easter egg hunt. Mom, Bryan, Becki's Mom Elaine & brother Josh & DJ were invited to join us! Joey & Raegan were not able to come home because Joey was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting (& teach Sunday school) in their Spanish branch. Since Jacob is in Tucson for a rotation Chelsea drove down to Tucson. I was very happy that all four of them were able to spend Easter weekend together. Although, we did miss them a ton & wished they could have been here with us!! Even though I love family traditions I know that Easter is not really about the easter bunny, colored eggs, easter egg hunt, easter baskets, yummy meals, and new clothes! Easter is about The Savior's Life, His Death, His Resurrection and that He suffered for our sins. The Savior made it possible that if we keep His commandments we can have Eternal Life. I know He Lives! I am so grateful for this knowledge!!