Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Fun Day at Makutu's Island with Carly, Brody & Tre

I loved their faces while playing air hocky~
Carly & Tre doing the zipline, Brody wasn't able to do it because you had to be five~
This is what they were doing instead of eating their lunch!
Jim & I got a little freaked out...okay, so we both freaked out alot!! Neither one of us do well in confined spaces! Brody insisted that Jim go down this "windy grey tube slide" with him & he did. It was about 4 stories high & very narrow. Not an easy task for a big guy. He seriously didn't think he was going to make it out of there. I wonder if 9-1-1 has ever been called for that? Afterwards, Brody got mad at Jim because he wouldn't go with him again!!
And then Carly insisted I climbed up this "steep long high tube cloth ladder" & slide down a windy tube. There were a few times that I told Carly I wasn't going to make it & needed to turn around but she kept encouraging me until I got through it!! I guess we are not the "cool" grandparents we thought we were!!
We had so much fun but this place was so crazy jammed packed with kids & adults (of all kinds). Jim & I were very paranoid for the 4 1/2 hours we were there that we were going to lose one of them! Even though all our wrist bands matched & the employees check them before we leave to make sure we leave with the same kids we brought in. Carly, Tre & Brody did not want to leave but we believe in bribary!! I have to admit that we bribed them earlier in the day too, telling them we would take them to Makutu's Island if they smiled & were good for the photo shoot we set up that morning. It worked, they took awesome pictures!! The funny part of this story is that Brody asked the next day when we could take pictures again. Obviously, what he really wanted was to go back to Makutu's Island! The things kids say, way cute!!